Please remember our challenge rules:
- Clean & Simple - For our challenges, "Clean and Simple" is defined as "uncluttered, with a lot of white or open space, and minimal layers and embellishments". Subtle texture and pattern is OK so long as it does not distract from the main focal point of your card.
- Cards Only - We are a card making challenge. You must create a clean and simple styled card showing your own artwork. Please do not submit scrapbook pages, 3-D items, artists' trading cards (ATCs), tags, cards using digital images colored by computerized methods, etc.
- Just the Challenge Colors - For our color challenges, you must use only the stated challenge colors, plus you may use white, cream, kraft, brown, grey, metallic, or black cardstock for card layers and those colors of ink for sentiments and image outlines. We use Stampin' Up! color names for reference. However, you are welcome to use any companies' products as long as you match the challenge colors as closely as possible.
- Sketch - For our sketch challenges, you are welcome to rotate the sketch or use its mirror image. You may also manipulate rectangular sketches into a square card, or square sketches into a rectangular card format.
- Direct Links - Submit your card using the linky tool provided. We prefer that you link from your personal blog because that is the easiest way for our team members to leave comments on your work. Please link directly to the specific post that includes your submission, and please include a link to our challenge blog in your post. You may also link work from your online gallery such as at Splitcoaststampers.com, Flickr, Facebook, or Instagram; however, our team members who do not have accounts at such sites will not be able to leave comments for you, and if you're chosen as one of our Fabulous Favorites, we may be unable to share your card in our winners' posts.
- New Cards Only - Please do not link a card that is older than the challenge post.
- Combination Rules - You are welcome to combine our challenge with up to 6 additional challenges, with the following exceptions: You may not combine our color challenges with other color challenges, and you may not combine our sketch challenges with other sketch challenges - because that just doesn't work very well!
- 3 Entries - You may enter each week's challenge a maximum of 3 times, as long as each entry is a new, unique card.
- No Word Verification - To help our design team members comment on your work, please turn off word verification. We love to comment on our participants' creations, but it becomes very frustrating when we must prove we're not robots. We suggest using comment moderation as a friendlier alternative to avoiding spam comments.
- Fabulous Favorites Follow Guidelines - Only clean and simple styled cards that follow our challenge guidelines will be eligible for our Fabulous Favorites voting. We feel all projects are "works of heart" and are worthy of being included in our thumbnail gallery; however, any submissions that do not relate to our challenge and that appear to be promotional in nature may be deleted without notice or comment.
- This is a personal challenge blog, and the design team is solely responsible for the content provided on it.
- We are pleased to share our challenge ideas with you for your own personal use and inspiration. You are free to use the ideas you find here and ask that you acknowledge CAS Colours & Sketches and link back to our website if you do. Please do not represent any color combinations or sketches you find here as your own, use them in publication without our express consent, or use them for personal profit. Thank you!
- Those entering any projects into our blog's InLinkz tool do so in the knowledge that their name and website links are visible to all who visit this blog. They have also given their consent that their entry and details may be displayed on a winners post on this blog, as well as on a winners post on our Facebook and/or Instagram page. Should they be selected, their details as a Guest Designer may appear on this blog, our FaceBook page and our Instagram Page.
can i enter through instagram?ReplyDelete
Yes, you may use Instagram.Delete
Is there a reason you have retired Stampin' Up! colors for your challenge?ReplyDelete
In months where we have a fifth challenge, for that challenge we pair retired colors with one of our previous sketches. This allows us to enjoy working with some favorite colors that are no longer offered. As with all of our color challenges, you may use any companies' products, current or retired, so long as you match the colors in our challenge graphic closely.Delete
Hi there. Just found your awesome blog challenges. I've read the rules but could not find any rule for this: Are your challenges open worldwide? Thank you in advance and Stay safe. Regards, Tiina (Helsinki, Finland)ReplyDelete
Yes! Our challenges are open to participants from all around the globe.Delete
Thanks for the info Patricia. Makes me very happy. Have a lovely weekend and Stay safe. Rgds, Tiina :)Delete